Why Attend RCS?
Richmond Graduation Rate Highlighted by Indiana Youth Institute
The Indiana Youth Institute highlights Richmond High School in an article about rising graduation rates in Indiana. Click HERE to read the article that was originally published in the Indianapolis Star newspaper.
What You'll Find at RCS
What you will discover is that RCS is a system committed to engaging the best efforts of all children as they learn within an academic standards-based environment. What that means is that we are preparing our students to be academically competitive when they leave the Richmond Community Schools - whether they choose to remain here as citizens or live anywhere in the world. Our academic standards are world-class standards, and we have accepted the challenge of creating learning experiences that enable students to meet them.
You will see vocational, academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular news and activities on all the school home pages within the district. Regardless of the student interest, the opportunities to explore, discover, create, plan, and execute are provided by the Richmond Community Schools.
Enroll your student today in the Richmond Community School System and experience excellence in education!
Top Reasons To Enroll In Richmond Community Schools
- Music and Art opportunities abound in RCS
- Dual Credit, College Credit and Advanced Placement at RHS
- Comprehensive vocational courses at RHS
- Winning tradition in sports and academic competition
- Extensive offerings for advanced students in grades 2-12
- Technology integrated with learning
- Back-On-Track opportunities at all grade levels
- Alternative Placement for students in middle and high school
- Full Day Kindergarten
- Oldest and first high school orchestra in the country
- ISTEP scores in Language Arts increased over the state scores
- ISTEP gains in Math
- High achievement rate in Early College program and Logos with an almost 100% pass rate on ISTEP
- One of the highest rates of increases for the graduation rate among Indiana high schools
- West Point Cadet among RCS graduates, as well as placing students in colleges all over the country
- Lowest School Tax rate (0.5659) in Wayne County
- Highest percentage of money going to students (68.9%) in Wayne County.
- Why Us